To see a world where youth homelessness does not exist and can mobilize people to support that vision
Annual Fund Management:
• Implement strategies and tactics to increase revenue and donor retention for the annual fund.
• Collaborate with the CEO and Development team to set ambitious fundraising goals andobjectives.
• Identify potential donors and develop targeted solicitation plans to secure annual gifts.
• Create compelling fundraising appeals and communications to engage donors and prospects.
• Coordinate the You Can Annual Support Campaign including:
o Work with CEO to recruit committee members
o Coordinate biweekly meetings with committee and subcommittee
o Location management, coordinating outreach, registration, sponsorship, and fundraising efforts, manage all communications, materials
o Logistics, and day-of event needs for each event
o Manage all communications and marketing of event with the assistance of the Development Department
o Collaborate with internal team to create content for materials
o Assist CEO with Board-related tasks and special tasks
Volunteer Giving Program:
Working with the CEO and Community Engagement Manager:
• Implement a comprehensive program to strengthen the organization’s relationship with currentand past volunteers.
• Cultivate relationships with volunteers, communicating the impact of their contributions on theorganization’s mission.
• Organize special activities to engage volunteers and encourage their continued involvement andsupport.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
In conjunction with the CEO:
• Identify, cultivate, and steward individual and corporate donors.
• Conduct face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and personalized communications to engagedonors.
• Ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts and maintain regular donor communication to fosterlasting relationships.
• Work collaboratively with other team members to coordinate donor engagement strategies andrecognition.
Assist CEO, Development team, and HCEF staff with all special events that include, but are not limited to:
o Public Policy Breakfast (every two years)
o Pittsburgh Marathon (annual)
o Champions for Children Gala (annual)
o Hope Through Learning Awards (annual)
• Work with Development team and Administrative Coordinator to maintain accurate and up-todate donor records and interactions in the organization's CRM system.
• Monitor donor giving patterns and trends to inform fundraising strategies and donorsegmentation.
• Prepare regular reports on fundraising progress, donor retention rates, and revenue projections.
Collaborative Fundraising Efforts:
• Work closely with other members of the Development team to align individual giving effortswith broader fundraising initiatives.
• Collaborate with program staff to gain a deep understanding of the organization's impact,effectively communicating it to donors and prospects.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., nonprofit management, fundraising, communications,hospitality) OR equivalent work and life experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising or hospitality, with a focus on individualgiving, donor relations or customer relations.
• Proven track record of soliciting and securing gifts from individual donors.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational and time-management abilities, with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Proficiency in using CRM databases and fundraising software.
• Passion for social justice, inclusion, equity, and empowerment, especially for populations whohave been disenfranchised.
• Familiarity with the Greater Pittsburgh philanthropic community and networks.
• Experience in managing alumni engagement programs.
• Knowledge of best practices in annual fund campaigns and donor stewardship.
• Completion of criminal, child abuse, and FBI background checks
• Must have the ability to work some evenings and weekends as required
• Must have car, valid driver’s license, or reliable transportation
Hybrid, in office twice per week