Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
Global Links’ volunteer program is the lifeblood of our organization and is often lauded for the service-learning experience we provide to volunteers from diverse backgrounds – students, faith-based groups, corporate groups, civic associations, students/adults with physical or developmental disabilities, families, and more. This position is often the first and main point of contact that volunteers have with the organization. Volunteer supervisors are responsible for supervising volunteer activities in accordance with Global Links health & safety protocols and inventory handling standards while pro-actively engaging them with relevant information about Global Links and our programs. Your supervisor is the Volunteer Program Manager. Primary duties include: orientation and education of new volunteers and groups, instructing and guiding volunteers on processing medical materials to benefit our medical aid programs based on established procedures and quality guidelines, general maintenance of the volunteer area, and other tasks as needed. This position is a member of our volunteer engagement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare processing center for volunteers, including but not limited to; setting up projects before volunteer arrival, ensuring volunteers are maintaining an accurate log of their hours and liability waivers, leading new volunteer tours and orientation as necessary.
• Lead volunteer activity sessions, as designated by a weekly project plan, by guiding volunteers according to organizational protocols for processing medical surplus.
• Ensure accuracy in volunteers’ work for assigned projects
• Actively engage and inform volunteers about relevant Global Links news and information.
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly space in the volunteer center.
• Communicate with Volunteer & Inventory Coordinator any relevant information related to volunteers, groups, or issues regarding volunteers
• Suggest ideas for improvement of volunteer experience to Volunteer & Inventory Coordinator.
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Effective oral communication skills-English fluency required
● Ability to communicate, lead, and motivate volunteers with diverse backgrounds, abilities and skill sets
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Volunteer experience
● Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
● Flexibility to switch tasks as needed and manage multiple projects
● Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. and willingness to do manual work (lifting boxes, cleaning furnishings, etc)
● Ability to work on your feet for extended hours
● Creative and curious thinker with a sense of humor
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● Experience working with diverse populations, including people with disabilities
● Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management
● Willingness and ability to learn medical terminology as related to position
● Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus