The Mobilization Director is a critical member of the Senior Leadership Team, responsible for strategically connecting Black women, youth, and gender-expansive people to our organization and the national Reproductive Justice movement. This role oversees both the Community Organizing and Engagement and Voter Engagement Departments, playing a pivotal role in expanding our base, driving community engagement, and building political power. The Mobilization Director’s primary responsibility is to lead the organization in building concrete power, including increased voter turnout, relationships with elected officials, campaign wins, and organizing achievements. This role will pilot the development and execution of comprehensive mobilization strategies, foster local, statewide, regional, and national partnerships, and ensure the successful implementation of community organizing strategies and integrated voter engagement initiatives and campaigns in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.
● Develop and execute visionary mobilization strategies aligned with mission and core organizational issues.
● Lead, mentor, and empower teams within the Community Organizing and Engagement and Voter Engagement Departments to achieve mobilization goals.
● Assess and enhance program operations to drive community organizing and integrated voter engagement initiatives.
● Supervise managers in creating department-specific Metrics & Evaluation plans aligned with organizational priorities and contextual landscapes.
● Foster synergy between Integrated Voter Engagement and Community Organizing efforts, ensuring mutual support and alignment.
● Manage the Mobilization Unit budget, track expenditures, and support grant and donor reporting.
● Lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of community organizing initiatives, engagement activities, and culture change campaigns.
● Develop and guide state and city-based voter engagement campaigns, including voter registration, education, mobilization, and election protection efforts.
● Monitor data quality and accuracy, ensuring data-driven decision-making.
● Serve as a spokesperson for mobilization efforts, effectively conveying messages to diverse audiences.
● Develop and maintain partnerships for community organizing and voter engagement at multiple levels.
● Increase organizational visibility within the reproductive justice ecosystem and broader community.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
● 7-10 years of experience in community organizing, campaign coordination, voter engagement, or issue-based campaigns.
● Minimum 5 years of leadership experience overseeing statewide electoral or voter engagement initiatives.
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in Social Justice, Reproductive Justice, Human Rights, Black Women's Health, Leadership Development, Community Organizing, Policy Advocacy, Culture Change, and/or Voter Engagement.
● Proficiency in Voter Activation Network, Nation Builder, Every Action, and Action Network.
● Strong alignment with Reproductive Justice and Human Rights principles.
● Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment, managing teams under pressure with varied schedules.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
● Successful completion of background check.
● Generous Paid Time Off
● 11 Paid Holidays
● Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Benefits
● 401(k) Plan
● Remote working opportunities
● Being connected to a mission-driven organization that supports one of the country’s most imperative causes
● Exceptional work/life balance and amazing coworker