Principal duties – The Mobile Learning Instructor is responsible for coordinating in-home activities for children. The Mobile Learning Instructor works closely with families and provides student-led individualized tutoring sessions to create a positive learning environment. Access to reliable transportation is necessary as instructors travel to different locations for tutoring each day.
- Developing individual tutoring plans that promote skill development.
- Coordinating with Education Support Coordinator to deliver one-on-one and specialized tutoring
- Collaborating with other instructors, volunteers, and program staff
- Collecting and reporting data to monitor student growth and learning.
The Mobile Learning Instructor will collaborate with the Education Support Coordinator and Family Engagement Coordinator to share student progress regarding tutoring sessions and family support to help meet their needs for success. The Mobile Learning Instructor actively participates in regular meetings with staff, the Education Support Coordinator, and the Family Engagement Coordinator to share best practices and information. The mobile learning instructor participates in family engagement activities coordinated with the Family Engagement Coordinator.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching/leading out-of-school time programming
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to relate positively and respectfully to children of all ages, parents, volunteers, and other professionals
- Creativity and ability to foster a love of learning in children of all ages
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the significance of out-of-school-time programming in the lives of underserved children and proven ability to provide a safe, structured and enriching environment
- Sensitivity regarding the psychological and behavioral impacts of trauma in children and parents
- Teaching certification is a bonus
- Reliable transportation
- Previous experience working with students who’ve experienced trauma and/or homelessness strongly preferred
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Flexibility – must be willing to work with a transient population that may change throughout the school year
Candidates should understand that they will be considered independent contractors, not employees. All positions are part-time.