The Managing Director will have overall administrative and operational responsibility. The Managing Director is a thought partner and collaborative colleague with Artistic Executive Director to further the growth and health of the organization with a focus on operations and revenue. Areas of responsibility for the Managing Director include planning, policy development and administration, administrative personnel, fiscal management, fundraising,marketing and communications. They oversee day-to-day administrative functions and staff; support workplace culture, policies and procedures; report on programmatic and financial data, and ensure effective use of human, financial,and technological resources needed to achieve the organization’s goals.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations and administrative functions.
· Serve as liaison and manage external vendors, contractors and manage relationships
· Ensure the organization’s insurance coverage(including property, liability, worker’s compensation, D & O and employee benefits) is adequate and up-to-date; file insurance claims as needed
· Coordinate additional liability insurance coverage with program partners and building users
· Oversee data capture and maintenance and prepare PA Cultural Data Project report annually
· Monitor adherence to document retention and destruction policies
· Review, negotiate and coordinate contracts including: coordinate vendors, employees, artists and independent contractors,in conjunction with the Program Managers and Finance Director
· Oversee the HR, marketing, technology (e.g., patron database, ticketing systems, websites, computers, software), facilities (e.g.,lease and facilities management), and ensure compliance and maintenance of policies, systems and procedures
· Oversee CRM, ticketing and registration and audience,participant, donor and funder data
· Liaison with the building owners, building management,city permitting, tenant relationships, City of Pittsburgh codes and permitting as needed.
· In partnership with program personnel oversee planning,community usage and implementation of the Creative Learning Lab and on-site programming
· Participate in Board and Committee meetings as needed.
·· 3+ years of senior management experience, including experience in arts organizations.
· Demonstrated success in staff leadership, fundraising,marketing and communications and financial management.
· Exceptional organizational and writing skills.
· Flexible,curious, and have desire to learn and share learnings in a collaborativeenvironment.
· Experienced with cloud-based technology,and/or self-motivated to learn and train new applications and software. Workingknowledge of Little Green Light, Canva, and Egnyte a plus.
● Salary of $52,000- $56,000 annually
● Unlimited PTO
● Health, dental,and vision insurance (dental and vision 100% company paid)
● 401K retirementplan with company match
● Free classes and studio space (when available)
● While a significant portion of the job is in-person, some remote work is possible
Professional but relaxed office atmosphere, no corporate dress code, and pet-friendly